Medical cover and travel cover that will get you home safely in an emergency is essential, so that you will avoid having to cover all emergency expenses on your own.
Our plans also offer you cover for lost or stolen baggage, delays and cancellation of trips, among others.
Do I need Travel Insurance?
Protect the cost of your trip if you have a travel delay or need cancellation. Offset added expenses due to a travel delay or lost, delayed or damaged luggage. Protect from expensive medical bills in case you are injured or become ill while traveling abroad.
You can choose between Annual travel, which covers multiple trips of up to one month per trip anywhere in the world, or Single Trip cover.
What does Travel Insurance cover?
Depending on coverage, it can cover:
- Lost or stolen bags
- Lost or stolen items (this may or may not be covered by your home insurance depending on cover)
- Emergency medical expenses
- The costs of cancelling, delaying or cutting your trip short
- Personal liability, in case you’re sued for accidents, damaging property or causing injury to others.
Travel insurance cover depends on the policy you select, and you may need specialist cover. “Standard policy” exclusions are typically:
- If you’re over 65 or have a medical condition. Specialist policies exist, and ALL medical issues must be disclosed or you may not be covered.
- Adventure sports, winter sports and any ‘dangerous activities’ are often not covered as part of a standard policy, and you might need extra cover or a specialist policy.
- With most policies, you aren’t covered for travel to countries or regions that your country’s government recommends against.
- Coverage for strikes, civil unrest, earthquakes, acts of terrorism and epidemics/pandemics varies and may not be covered.